City launches Construction Blog
To keep the community updated, especially when residents, commuters or businesses could be affected, the City of Hood River has launched an online construction blog with information on current road, right-of-way, and related projects in Hood River.
The blog can be checked out anytime at cityofhoodriver.gov/construction-updates. There are links on the website homepage, the Public Works streets page, and on the News and Events menu. To subscribe to email updates, register online at cityofhoodriver.gov/community/stay-connected.
Two significant intersection upgrades in high-traffic areas are happening this year in Hood River. The City is also the early years of a multi-year water-sewer reconstruction program. Upgrades will affect various neighborhoods, streets, and intersections.
A list of current projects follows:
- Eugene Street water and sewer pipes replacement project – Eugene Street between 9th-12th Streets, 10th and 11th Streets between Eugene and Sherman, and 17th Street from May to Sherman (just water service reconnections, minor impact). Out to bid, will add sidewalks, ADA ramps.
- Cascade and Rand intersection traffic light – Construction has started. Updates can also be found on ODOT’s project page at https://bit.ly/3Hn5v7E.
- Prospect Street water and sewer pipes replacement project – Prospect Avenue between 2nd and 7th, will be completed soon.
- 2nd and Oak intersection traffic light – Construction to begin after Labor Day.
- Stormwater Mitigation Program – Downtown and Waterfront areas. More information to come soon.