Hood River Trails
- Hood River has two main trails within the city and more outside city limits. The Indian Creek Trail is multi-use. Primarily dirt trail divided into three segments that run from Hazel at 2nd St. in the Heights all the way to Hood River Valley High School.
- The Hood River Waterfront Trail is a 2.8-mile paved path, connecting The Hook on the western waterfront to the Best Western Plus Hood River Inn on its east side, linking numerous parks and recreation sites.
- Portions of the Westside Trail join neighborhoods on the west side of the city, with more segments proposed for development.
- The City of Hood River strives to improve pedestrian travel as identified in the Hood River Transportation Plan. This includes an infill along key arterial and collector street corridors and intersection improvements that make crossing busy streets easier for all non-motorized modes.
- The “2nd Street Stairs” are a historic route from downtown Hood River at 2nd and State streets up to eastside Heights neighborhoods, with access to the Indian Creek trailhead.