Short Term Rental License Application & Other Forms
2022 Short Term Rental (STR) Re-application & Renewal
If your STR was initially licensed in 2017 or earlier, fill out the re-application form:
If your STR was initially licensed after 2017, fill out the renewal form:
- License and Zoning questions can be directed to email@example.com
- Tax questions can be directed to firstname.lastname@example.org
Short Term Rental News Items
Ordinance 2055– Updated Transient Lodging Tax Code, Effective September 24th, 2020
• All booking intermediaries that are not already remitting local City of Hood River taxes on behalf of their customers are now jointly and severally liable for remitting tax on the reservations made through their online platforms. HomeAway.com/VRBO began collecting and remitting in 2018. AirBnB has registered to begin tax collection and remittance on the 24th.
What Didn’t Change?
• All transient lodging tax certificate holders (or their authorized property managers acting on their behalf) must continue to file monthly tax returns. If a booking intermediary has remitted on behalf of the property, the taxable revenue from the intermediary is reported in box 2c of the tax return and detailed on the second page of the return titled, “Report of Gross Receipts from Transient Lodging Intermediaries”. This is how local hotels that use booking intermediaries like Expedia, Hotels.com, and Priceline have always reported.
• There is no change for HomeAway.com/VRBO customers associated with Ordinance 2055 as this company has been remitting local tax since 2018
Short Term Rental Rules at a Glance
The following matrix is intended to explain how the adopted regulations apply in different zoning districts:
|X = Required||Zones R-1, R-2, & R-3||Zones C-1 & C-2|
|90 days/ year limit||X||N/A|
|Register with County Assessor||X||X|
Legislative History of Short Term Rentals in Hood River
Archived documentation of the STR code development, draft zoning regulations, City Council meetings, work sessions and hearings on Title 17 Zoning Regulations can be downloaded below: