At this time Hood River Municipal Court will not be holding in-person arraignments. Video and phone hearings will be conducted through ZOOM on Tuesdays.
You can address the Judge through ZOOM by clicking on the link, or by calling the phone number listed below. For defendants who do not have access to a phone or computer, a room will be available at City Hall following safety guidelines allowing one defendant at a time. Please contact the court if you have any questions at (541) 386-3942.
If you are scheduled to appear in Court, please follow the ZOOM webinar:
When: 8:30 AM Pacific Time (US and Canada)
Please click on the link to join the Court Session:
By phone: 1-669-900-6833 or 1-253-215-8782
Webinar ID: 882 8937 9973
This schedule is to catch up on delayed in-person appearances ordered by the Municipal Judge. The full order is available HERE. Please contact the Municipal Court Administrator with any questions about your specific case (541) 386-3942.
Hood River Municipal Court is responsible for the processing of citations and complaints issued by the City of Hood River Police Department, the City Attorney, the City Prosecutor and by private citizens within the City of Hood River.
The Municipal Court staff can answer questions about court schedule, bail amounts, and other administrative matters such as payment plan inquiries but cannot tell you what to do when you receive a citation and cannot give legal advice (ORS 9.160). If you need legal advice, you should consult an attorney. For help finding an attorney, you can call the Oregon State Bar Lawyer Referral Service at (503) 620-0333, visit them online @ www.osbar.org or search the Yellow Pages.
The majority of cases heard in Municipal Court are traffic infractions. Generally, we do not reschedule court appearance dates and times but please call 541-386-3942 to verify if you are eligible to reschedule your first court appearance.
Proper Courtroom Etiquette
The following standards are enforced
- Clothes and shoes are required
- Backpacks are not allowed in the Courtroom
- Caps and hats must be removed upon entering the Courtroom
- Weapons are PROHIBITED in the Courtroom and in City Hall (firearms, knives or any device and/or substance which may cause harm)
- Food and drinks are not allowed in the Courtroom
- Children are not allowed in the Courtroom
- While Court is in session:
No loud talking
- Cell phones and other electronic devices must be silenced or turned off
- Audio and video recording is not permitted WITHOUT the Judge’s prior authorization