Housing Projects and Information
The City has made progress on significant policy initiatives to address housing:
- Adopted Short-Term Rental regulations
- Updated townhouse code to streamline the approval process
- Adopted a 1% construction excise tax (CET) dedicated to affordable housing
- Updated ADU code to encourage development
- Incentivized the reuse of Historic Buildings through residential Renovations
- Adopted new Middle Housing Code.
Projects underway are intended to boost more equitable and diverse housing inventory:
- City’s 780 Rand Rd. development strategy to build housing for area residents with low to average incomes.
- Affordable Housing Production Strategy identifies policy tools and methods to encourage production of housing for individuals and families making 120% or less of median family income (MFI).
In the future, the City plans to update its zoning code to streamline and simplify it. The creation of Middle Housing code under one unified chapter is a first step in this effort.
For more information, email email@example.com
ORDINANCE NO. 2061 – Ordinance amending Hood River Municipal Code Title 17, Chapter 03; LAND USE
ZONES and Chapter 25; MIDDLE HOUSING DEVELOPMENT STANDARDS
Housing Market & Demographic Changes in Hood River: 2015 – 2019
Hood River Economics of Housing Market FAQ, 2020
Housing Needs Analysis Summary Report, 2015
Housing Needs Analysis Final Report with Buildable Lands Inventory, 2015
Housing Strategy, 2015