At its January 11 work session, City Council affirmed its goals and identified new projects for high-level priorities in 2020. A review and status report of recent and current City projects launched Council into the strategic planning session, the outcome of which is goal-specific project priorities that inform the 2020 Council Work Plan.
An annual Council Work Plan helps staff keep focused on goals and strategies prioritized by the Council, identifying specific projects related to goals, in addition to the daily work and services provided to the community by the City’s many departments.
The City’s 2020 Work Plan incorporated input and direction from Council throughout the past year. This year, in addition to input from department staff, standing Council committees provided prioritized lists of projects to meet Council’s stated goals. The City also sought public input for project ideas for each goal on an online form at cityofhoodriver.gov and paper form available at City offices. Over 60 community members offered input, a record of which is also available online.
The 2020 Council Work Plan can be found on the City Council pages of the City’s website. Council Goals that inform the 2020 prioritized action plan (in no particular order) are:
- Create opportunities for an inclusive, equitable and diverse housing inventory.
- Inform and engage all segments of our community through transparency and proactive, inclusive and comprehensive outreach.
- Promote an efficient and safe multi-modal transportation system that alleviates traffic and parking congestion and encourages biking, pedestrian access and public transportation.
- Create a more environmentally sustainable community.
- Maintain existing infrastructure and prepare for growth.
- Address community needs for parks and open space.
For more information, read the full article in the City’s Winter 2020 E-News.