Weather in the Gorge is changeable and can be difficult to forecast. It’s best to be prepared. The City of Hood River kindly asks for public cooperation during winter storms and conditions when 3″ or more snow accumulates, or freezing rain creates dangerous road conditions. Public safety and efficient city operations are top priorities.
• Observe parking rules on high priority and all city streets during winter weather. Downtown and Heights primary streets have parking restrictions between midnight and 6:00 a.m. in order to keep streets as clear as possible. On other city streets, parking is generally only allowed on the South and West sides of streets. Complete information is available on the Public Works winter streets page.
• Remember, owners and tenants are responsible for clearing sidewalks and driveways and are also reminded to remove snow from catch basins and around fire hydrants. Depositing snow on public streets poses a danger to vehicular traffic and is a violation of City Code.
• Chains are required during these conditions on large trucks (over 16,000 lbs.).
• Effective vehicle traction devices are required for conditions (chains, winter or studded tires).
• Use of skis, sleds, toboggans or similar devices are not allowed on city streets except where authorized.
• Be aware of neighbors who may need help, and offer assistance when possible.
Thank you for your cooperation!