The City of Hood River does not, at this time, require that you register your business with us. The details of our Municipal Code can be found on our web site.
The City requires licenses for:
- Taxi companies and taxicab drivers
- Door-to-door solicitors
- Second-hand merchants
- Transient merchants (seasonal) who operate outside permanent structures
- Special events held within City limits
Please contact the City Recorder with questions at (541) 387-5212 or e-mail: j.Gray@cityofhoodriver.gov
We also suggest that you check with the following City Departments before you conduct business:
Planning Department: (541) 387-5210
- Zoning and permitted uses, conditional uses, changes of use, site plan
review requirements, and home occupations.
Building Department: (541) 387-5202
- Permits for building and remodeling, sign permits and sign code
regulations, and building code requirements for your type of occupancy.
Fire Chief: (541) 386-3939
- Inspections, pre-fire planning, and occupancy limits.
The State of Oregon has information regarding state licensing, Oregon
withholding, workers comp, how to obtain Federal Tax ID numbers, etc.
Contact the Business Information Center for a packet and registration forms at
(503) 986-2200 or https://sos.oregon.gov/business/Pages/business-information-center.aspx